- Power transmission
- in motion
- under load
- in tight spaces
- between materials
For almost 60 years, Sefag has stood for Swiss quality in electrical engineering. Founded in 1957 as a branch of the German PFISTERER Group, Sefag settled in Malters in 1958 in what was then an up-and-coming industrial centre just outside Lucerne.
While production back then relied on used machinery and a great deal of inventiveness, the company has now become a modern manufacturing and service company working to the highest standards – both for its customers and staff.
The most important milestones in the history of PFISTERER SEFAG AG and Sefag Components AG can be found below:
Foundation of the «Schweizerischen Elektrotechnischen Fabrik AG» (SEFAG) as a foreign branch of the German family-run company PFISTERER.
Establishment of project development and engineering in the high-voltage range; CAD used for design applications.
Metalworking department (OEM) with around 50 members of staff becomes independent from the PFISTERER Group; takeover by group of Swiss investors.
Company renamed as Sefag Components AG with independent market presence.
Certificate «Welding of railway vehicules and components according to EN 15085-2».